My Chevening Interview Sample Questions
Introduction
Although most of Chevening interview questions cover the essays that you have written on Chevening website, they are not always the same. They may vary from one candidate to another in different ways. You may face creative panels who have a way with questioning. They don't move away from your essays but have strong ability to restructure and design confusing questions.
However, the following questions are what I was asked in my Chevening interview last year. I have organized them from the beginning of the interview to the end with some notes.
The questions
1. Tell us more about yourself, why chevening and why the UK?
2. What is the biggest challenge that your country faces in your field of study?
3. What is leadership in your own words?
Don't show off your philosophy here. Just give a fast definition of leadership and give an example of your experience. Here I talk about a teaching club I founded in my community with some teachers. Then, they asked me a fellow-up question about( how were you able to convince the teachers to join the club you created? ) .
4. What can you add to chevening community?
5. What are the reasons for your chosen courses?
6. Why the UK and not another English speaking country like us, Australia and so on? I didn't expect this question.
7. What are your careers plans? How chevening is going to help you achieve them ?
Here they asked me follow up question to clarify: how are you going to achieve the second goal? ( working as a trainer) .
8. Are you commitment to go to study in the UK and come on the required time?
9. Do you want to change the rank of your courses or universities?
10. Do you have any questions?
My final suggestion is to go through your essays and read them critically. Try to imagine questions and answer them in an organized way. I wish you all the best.

0 Comments